meeting Guru Santiago Dobles

.

.
I met up with Guru Santiago Dobles (my brother) from Pencak Silat Cimande Gerak Satria Shakti, on 26th November 2008 at the Camberwell Chruch Street Hotel, London on his visit to the UK. He arrived the night before from Miami.
.
It was great to finally meet Guru Santi in person after corresponding though emails and chat rooms after a while. I first came to know about Guru Santi from youtube. His understanding and skill in Silat movements are amazing. My respects to him and his teachers, who themselves are amazing individuals.
.
We met early the afternoon, we chat about silat movements. It was after I had my late lunch that we started to roll and throw each other around in his hotel room. If I was going to get knocked out, atleast its with a full stomach. The 10 minutes we rolled was just increadible; windows exploding, walls torn down, the ground shaking, broken bones, blood everywhere - and all this was on TV, we havent even started yet! :)
.
I also met Yusof, a Cimande practitioner among other styles, who surprisingly a Londoner who speaks malay, he studied in Malaysia for 6 years. I was conversing with him in malay while we had lunch. He was telling me great stories of his good experience of being a student in Malaysia.
.
It was a great day.
.
For detials of Guru Santi and his silat please CLICK HERE
.
our Charlie's Angles pose, I accidentally knocked out Farrah Fawcett with my elbow (thats why there's only 2 of us)
.
Yusof (far left), myself (middle) and Guru Santi (far right) the 2 guys between us are there for QiGong lessons with Guru Santi.
.

WE HAVE MOVED

Hello Everyone,

All latest updates and information will be posted in our new site;

WWW.SILATSUFFIAN.NET

The links and articles in this site will still be available.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Hope to see you there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------