Silat Suffian Bela Diri - International Training Groups 'OPEN POLICY' expects people to individually express themselves and will not tolerate any one student or instructor suppressing knowledge in regards to our martial arts training regardless of style or any one's individual personality and any way or form.
Like any applied knowledge people tend to understand things in their own way, through their studies and experience. We cannot force our ideas on them, let people find their own truths.
Our aim is for religious and cultural tolerance between different nationalities. We do not welcome or encourage anti-social behaviours and those learning our knowledge with negative intentions. All Representatives and Representative Candidates including myself has the moral responsibility to refuse these individuals or group of individuals. But if you are a friendly person who has thirst for knowledge and the intention to contribute to your family and community then our doors are always open for you.
We are educators not dictators, but we do expect students and instructors alike to follow the SSBD's : "Mission Statement", "Purpose" and "Instructors Purpose"
Do not treat your students as clients, we threat them as friends. This is the Bruneian way.
Remember, we are keepers of a legacy.
The articles and videos presented in this site may cause serious harm or death if misunderstood or used irresponsibly. This site does not constitute itself as self defense instructions or advise. This site is for cultural information and entertainment purposes only. SSBD, Maul Mornie personally, and his affiliated representatives and host organizations, do not encourage you to carry a knife or do anything that could endanger the life of any living person or persons. You must consider the legal implications of everything you do, exercising your judgement and common sense as an adult. You must follow the law or pay the consequences. Whatever you do, you do out of your own intentions. This site is for entertainment and cultural purposes only and cannot be used as legal advice. Please keep in mind, you will go to jail or worst if you have the intentions of harming another living person or persons.
HIGH RISK ACTIVITY
Participation in any Silat Suffian Bela Diri (SSBD) activity, seminar, or training group should be considered a high-risk activity. Your participation in any of these activities is at your own risk. You agree to consult with your personal physician before participating in any of these high-risk activities.
MARTIAL ARTS WEAPONS : WARNING
Use and misuse of Martial Arts weapons involves serious risks, including injury, disability and death. Weapons are used only for training under expert supervision, for demonstration of forms, collection or display. Inspect weapons before each use to ensure they are in proper condition. If any unsafe condition is observed, do not use the weapon. By participating in SSBD training, the student warrants compliance with all local, state, federal and international law. SSBD, Maul Mornie personally, and his affiliated representatives and host organizations disclaims any and all liability related to improper, illegal, or unintended use of SSBD training. The student, user, or participant assumes all risk of injury from any use. No weapons or training are provided to anyone under 18 years of age without parental consent. Some weapons may be prohibited in your area. Please check state statutes and local ordinances before use/ownership.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Participation in SSBD seminars, group training, or demonstrations are high risk activities and, to the extent permitted by law, YOU EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK OF DEATH OR OTHER PERSONAL INJURY SUSTAINED WHILE PARTICIPATING IN SUCH ACTIVITIES WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT of SSBD including but not limited to equipment malfunction from whatever cause, or any other fault of SSBD. Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold SSBD, Maul Mornie personally, and his affiliated representatives and host organizations harmless from any third party claims arising from such High Risk Activities or Martial Arts Weapons use.
Use and misuse of techniques or weapons used through this website, seminars, group training or otherwise, involves serious risks including injury, disability and death. Students, users, and participants assume all risk of injury. SSBD, Maul Mornie personally, and his affiliated representatives and host organizations cannot and will not be responsible for the misuse or unauthorized and improper use of SSBD training or weapons.
Seminar and technique descriptions, typographic, and photographic errors are unintentional and subject to correction. We regret, but are not liable for such errors. SSBD, Maul Mornie personally, and his affiliated representatives and host organizations reserve the right to reject any students, users, or participants for any reason other than color, creed, race, sex, or religion. SSBD training is open to all who abide by our mission statement and ethical code. However, training in SSBD is a privilege not a guarantee. Registration for a seminar or training group does not guarantee your acceptance as a student, user, or participant in the study of SSBD.
Although all precautions are taken to insure the safety of all participants, in consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in SSBD training, and related events and activities, the student, participant, or parent/guardian:
1. Agree that he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if the participant believes anything is unsafe, he or she will immediately advise his or her instructor or host of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of practice, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue SSBD, Maul Mornie personally, his affiliated representatives, or host organizations and premises. SSBD, its affiliated clubs, regional organizations, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees of the organizations, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "releasees" from any and all liability to each of the participants or students, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in hole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
5. In addition, students,users, participants grant full permission to any all of the foregoing to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings or any record of and SSBD event for any purpose.